Saturday, September 2, 2017

SugarCube CSS - under the hood

    Want to see something funny?
    After my troubles styling SugarCube, I thought I'd go ahead and "export to file" and then take a look at all the CSS code that was created (I'm sure I could find it on-line in the documentation, but I wanted to crack open the file for myself).
    This is what I found-







    This is just some of the over 200 lines of code making up all the default CSS stylesheets.  So where in that mess is whatever's making my boxes not line up right?
    Darned if I know.
    I do have an even deeper appreciation for all the work that went into making SugarCube, despite my current troubles with it :)

    Oh yeah, if you were wondering this is NetBeans, an IDE for writing JavaScript and HTML, something I'm going to be posting about very soon.

UPDATE:
    I thought I would mention, I did test my code - if I put my code straight into a webpage I get this:

    Which is what I want (well, except for my variables not existing :), a line of boxes.  So I do know that I wrote good code.  Why my code and SugarCube's don't get along is the baffling part :(



No comments:

Post a Comment