Monday, December 18, 2017

My brain is moving, just not very quickly

    Anyone who's been following me has no doubt noticed that I haven't been posting on the regular schedule I wanted to keep.  Things got strange a month or two ago (time is a blur currently) and I ahven't managed to get back into a routine that works.  But I am working on projects, and will have some updates coming up in the fairly near future...

5th Edition SRD - I'm transitioning from looking at characters to looking at running the game, which is going to close out this project when done.  This is a hard part though, I have only GMed a few adventures, and they came from the canned Starter Set (which is pretty good btw), so I need to do a lot of reading and thinking on how to approach this half of the game.  I am planning on going over non-combat encounters, the combat system, monster design and loot/ leveling.  That should take a minimum of 4 more posts (I'm betting on 6-8) and then I'm going to finish that project.

Night-Reign, aka The Elemental Empire - I have some over-arching story for this setting, and I am going to talk about the technology for the setting, and I did a post on terrain then of course decided to change all of that work.  I also am going to talk about how I want to write and present the setting, what kind of a tool it is meant to be for GMs.

The Open2 Engine - somehow Bookworm managed to merge with the tutorial character viewer project I was working on and things got all confused in my head.  I'm going to post a roadmap to what I want Bookworm to be, feature-wise, and get back on coding that.  It is the hardest project I have going as it requires me to learn all new things - I've been gaming as far back as I can remember, coding since last June.

    And I do have a few odds and ends to post/ share.  I am not sure when I'll get back on the daily schedule I want, things are still very strange for me, but I wanted to let anyone who cared know that I am still working and have not fallen off the Internet.  Hope you all are having a less hectic holiday season than I am :)


No comments:

Post a Comment